Sometimes I am embarrassed by President Trump’s treatment of people. At times I’m completely confused by his press conferences. Occasionally I flat out disagree with him on policy. He has made some life choices that I believe are morally wrong. Nonetheless, I plan to vote for him this November because I believe him to be a stronger candidate than Joe Biden. Here are just a few of the reasons why.
10. He supports school choice. School choice is not the antidote to poverty, but it should be one of the weapons in the fight against poverty. All parents, not just rich parents, should have access to the schools they deem best for their children’s education.
9. He signed a bill permanently restoring funds to historically black colleges and universities, as well as other institutions primarily serving minority communities. This was (unfortunately) a rare example of Congress working with the President to pass important bipartisan legislation.
8. The Trump Administration has created Opportunity Zones across America, encouraging investment in economically distressed areas. Though the success of these has been mixed (and has been affected by COVID-19), the administration is looking at ways to further encourage private/public partnerships to benefit local communities.
7.He is committed to criminal justice reform, having already passed the First Step Act, and promising to do more his second term. This was also bipartisan legislation.
6.He wants to bring home our troops, but has been repeatedly thwarted by Congress. So if you want to write your Representative…
5. He wants to bring home key manufacturing jobs, such as the manufacture of antibiotics, as a national security measure.
4.He recognizes China as a threat to national security.
3. He is committed to advancing religious freedom at home and abroad.
2.He supports conscience rights for healthcare providers.
1.He is pro-life. He continues to support the pro-life community, and became the first US President ever to speak at the annual March for Life in January of this year.
These aren’t the only reasons, but they certainly sum up some of my thinking on the issues.